Friday, May 4, 2012

Review-The Avengers

Welcome to the summer movie season! Here to usher it in is The Avengers, a movie crossover of epic proportions. This is takes the characters of Marvel's most recently successful movies (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye) and put them together as a superhero team.  They have been assembled (showing my geek there) together to stop Loki (Tom Hiddleston) from taking over the Earth. He has stolen a very powerful weapon from the government agency called S.H.I.E.L.D and its director, Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). Loki plans to have his kingdom down on Earth, no matter what it takes. Each superhero involved has their strengths and weaknesses to deal with along the way too. I would say that The Avengers is the best superhero team movie that I've seen throughout the years. It gives you laughter, excitement and everything that you want in an action film. It will leave on the edge of your seats and wanting more at the end. If you like comics, the movies and/or really good action films, you should definitely check this out. Just like the other films, you need to stay after the credits. These are two particular things this time that come up.

2 comments:

  1. Well, growing up, I was a DC fan. But since DC has fallen behind in it's movies, I guess I can enjoy the Marvel movies. Who is teh guy with the boy and arrow? I've seen no reference to him, so I have to guess he's the equivalent of the Green Arrow. And although I have nothing aginst Samuel L. Jackson, back in my days Nick Fury was white. I always thought Jack Nicholson would make a great Nick Fury. Just think about it. There was no way back in WWII that a black man would be in charge of a special forces team, since the armed forces was mostly segrated. I'm guessing Sam Jackson's Nick Fury was a Vietnam era version. Any know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury was part of the Marvel Ultimate line, which is basically a re imagining of the Marvel Universe. That version is not part of the regular Marvel continuum. Jon Farveau, director of Iron Man, thought it was cool to have Jackson do a cameo in the first movie. From there, he was a glue to the movie franchise. Plus, do you say no to Samuel L. Jackson? Nope,lol. I don't remember them saying anything in the movies about Fury being in WWII, which would eliminate that conflict.I was looking for that in Captain America but they didn't do it. The guy with the bow and arrow is Hawkeye. He's been around for a while but his signature outfit wouldn't really fly in the movies.

      Delete